What is openEMS?
Welcome! openEMS is a free and open electromagnetic field solver using the FDTD method.
Matlab or Octave are used as an easy and flexible scripting interface.
- fully 3D Cartesian and cylindrical coordinates graded mesh.
- Multi-threading, SIMD (SSE) and MPI support for high speed FDTD.
For a more extensive list of features have a look at the openEMS features.
openEMS is available for Windows & Linux. Use the installation guide for further information. Download here:
- Linux installation via APT (view instructions).
- Win 32bit (older versions here).
- Win 64bit (older versions here).
News and Anouncements
- 01.10.2013: openEMS release v0.0.31! See release notes.
- 15.12.2012: openEMS release of v0.0.30! New in openEMS: Improved meshing and new CAD import. See release notes.
- 02.10.2012: As you surely have noticed, openEMS.de has a brand new layout.
- 27.09.2012: openEMS release of v0.0.29! New in openEMS: Total-Field/Scattered-Field approach. See release notes.
- 13.06.2012: openEMS release of v0.0.28! See release notes.