What is openEMS?
Welcome! openEMS is a free and open electromagnetic field solver using the FDTD method.
Matlab or Octave are used as an easy and flexible scripting interface.
- fully 3D Cartesian and cylindrical coordinates graded mesh.
- Multi-threading, SIMD (SSE) and MPI support for high speed FDTD.
For a more extensive list of features have a look at the openEMS features.
openEMS is available for Windows & Linux. Use the installation guide for further information. Download here:
News and Anouncements
- 07.01.2017: Release Candidate for openEMS v0.0.35! See here.
- 12.05.2016: Release of v0.0.34!
- 10.10.2015: Release of v0.0.33!
- 10.08.2015: Release Candidate for openEMS v0.0.33! See here.