What is openEMS?
Welcome! openEMS is a free and open electromagnetic field solver using the FDTD method.
Matlab or Octave are used as an easy and flexible scripting interface.
- fully 3D Cartesian and cylindrical coordinates graded mesh.
- Multi-threading, SIMD (SSE) and MPI support for high speed FDTD.
For a more extensive list of features have a look at the openEMS features.
openEMS is available for Windows & Linux. Use the installation guide for further information. Download here:
News and Anouncements
- 10.08.2015: Release Candidate for openEMS v0.0.33! See here.
- 17.08.2014: openEMS release v0.0.32! See release notes.
- 01.10.2013: openEMS release v0.0.31! See release notes.
- 15.12.2012: openEMS release of v0.0.30! New in openEMS: Improved meshing and new CAD import. See release notes.