What happens if the feed is in positive Z directions and there are metallic parts touching it in the ZX plane.

How to use openEMS. Discussion on examples, tutorials etc

Moderator: thorsten

shravan

What happens if the feed is in positive Z directions and there are metallic parts touching it in the ZX plane.

Post by shravan » Sat 13 Jun 2020, 08:01

Here by feed I mean lumped port excitation in direction positive Z . The feed is given in the form of plate extending from ground plane to the structure of interest and there are some metallic parts belonging to the same structure of interest touching the feed in ZX plane as it moves through the length of the substrate to touch the top layer metallic part in the XY plane.

gopugnair11

Re: What happens if the feed is in positive Z directions and there are metallic parts touching it in the ZX plane.

Post by gopugnair11 » Sat 13 Jun 2020, 16:43

Am new to OPEN EMS.Where can I get a tutorial on the design of meander line antenna?

thorsten

Re: What happens if the feed is in positive Z directions and there are metallic parts touching it in the ZX plane.

Post by thorsten » Mon 15 Jun 2020, 07:44

Intersecting the port with metal parts is not a good idea as the port will not be able to excite a "nice" electric field. But what exactly happens depends strongly on what you are doing...

gopugnair11

Post by gopugnair11 » Mon 15 Jun 2020, 08:35

thorsten wrote:
Mon 15 Jun 2020, 07:44
Intersecting the port with metal parts is not a good idea as the port will not be able to excite a "nice" electric field. But what exactly happens depends strongly on what you are doing...
I have to design a meander line antenna for 0.9GHz? How should I proceed?Kindly reply

thorsten

Post by thorsten » Wed 17 Jun 2020, 07:47

Well maybe I have to be more precise. Intersecting e.g. a lumped port somewhere in the middle is not a good idea. Of course you need to connect the ends with metal signal lines which need to intersect or touch the port.
Just look at all the tutorials and examples on how it should be done.