But it is finally done and the next improvements are already on its way
What are the most important changes? AppCSXCAD has a new 2D view mode based on the vtk 3D view. We now have full support for multi-polar Drude/Lorentz/Debye dispersive material, the SAR calculation has been improved, a new function for converting the virtual family body model, simplified debugging of metal discretization and most importantly some new tutorials and examples (see below).
What openEMS really needs for a v1.0 release are some helping hands concerning the documentation on the wiki. Maybe all of you just start at the overview-page and follow all the "red links" and start editing? Any help would be appreciated!
Finally here is a short list of all major changes:
- new and rewritten 2D view mode for AppCSXCAD based on vtk with parallel projection and a 2D interactor
- allow 1D and 2D lumped ports
- improvements to SAR calculations
- new file-format for discrete materials
- new create function for discrete materials
- support for full multi-polar Drude/Lorentz/Debye dispersive material types
- new ports for waveguides (rectangular and circular waveguides)
- improved PEC debugging
- improvements/simplifications in plotting far-fields
- new tutorials and examples: a bent patch antenna, dipole-SAR, MRI loop coil, MRI birdcage, patch antenna phased array and an inverted F-antenna example
- many fixes and updates